Autoclaving is the easiest way to sterilize the Bottle top Dispenser. It can be autoclaved at 121 °C (or 250 °F) and 1 time full (15 psi) with a holding time of at least 15 minutes.
It is recommended to autoclave the equipment after disassembling for deep sterilization. Follow the below steps to autoclave the bottle top dispenser correctly:
- Perform a standard cleaning of the instrument first.
- To separate the piston and shaft from the main housing, use the calibration tool to pull the cap outwards to expose the calibration.
- After unscrewing, take out the shaft.
- Now autoclave both the assemblies at 121 °C and 15 psi pressure for 15-20 min. Remember that the volume adjustment knob should always be held in the unlocked position during the autoclaving process.
- Now remove the instrument and its parts from the autoclaving machine and let it cool at room temperature for at least 2 hours before use.
- Reassemble the parts. The equipment needs to be re-calibrated after each autoclaving process for accurate dispensing.