Components of the burette can be categorised as per their types such as Volumetric Burette, Digital Burette and Electronic Burette. Some of the major components of these burettes are:
Components of Volumetric Burette:
- Graduated Tube: It is made of glass or plastic material. A volume scale is printed on a burette wall to read the dispensed volume of liquid.
- Stopcock: It is used to control the flow of liquid while dispensing.
Components of Digital Burette
- Recirculation Valve: It prevents the loss of reagent at the time of purging by re-directing them into the mounted bottle.
- Delivery Tube: The delivery tube facilitates the delivery of the reagent beyond the reservoir.
- Inspection Window: An amber colored window is used to protect the sensitive chemical from exposure to light and is easily replaceable.
- Telescopic Tube: Telescopic tubes are used to draw liquid from the reagent bottle to the digital burette. It can be adjusted in length according to different bottle sizes.
- Hand Wheel: It gives you the option to control the volume of liquid delivered by moving the hand wheel either clockwise or counterclockwise.
- Button: On/Off Button, Clear/Selection Button and Pause Button.
Components of Electronic Burette
In Electronic Burette, most of the components such as Recirculation Valve, Delivery Tube, Inspection Window, Telescope Tube, Adapters, etc. have the same functionalities. Nevertheless, some components make electronic burettes different from digital burettes and increase the precision and accuracy of the instrument. These are:
- Control Panel: The e-burette comes with a powerful control panel that is used to perform functions like automatically refill without changing the readings, reset zero (via tare), switch the instrument off etc.
- TFT Screen: A user-friendly TFT touchscreen guides quick and accurate titrations and displays numerical data up to the second decimal. It operates smoothly with the stylus.
- Stylus: It is a sleek hand-held instrument like pen used to operate the control panel with ease.