Micropipettes are accessible in numerous designs and sizes. In any case, there are certain components that are basic and common to all the micropipettes. These are:
- Plunger: It is mainly used to perform the two functions: Volume adjustment and Liquid aspiration/ dispensing
- Tip Ejector: In order to allow the safe, effortless, and quick ejection of tips, micropipettes are provided with a tip ejector.
- Volume Display: This shows the volume of the liquid to be aspirated or dispensed.
- Tipcone: The tipcone provides fitment to the tips. A micropipette with a universal tipcone is recommended because it increases the instrument’s compatibility with most of the standard tips.
- Gripy: It helps to support and hold the micropipette comfortably.