Reverse pipetting is a technique used to dispense a precise and small quantity of liquid by means of air displacement. This technique reduces the risk of splashing, foaming or bubble formation in the liquid.
- To Aspirate the sample in the tip, press the plunger to the second stop and immerse the micropipette tip vertically in the liquid.
- Slowly release the plunger while the tip is immersed. The sample will be aspirated into the micropipette tip.
- To dispense the sample, place the tip on the inner wall of the receiving vessel at a steep angle.
- Slowly press the plunger to the first stop.
- Wipe the tip on the inner wall while taking the tip out of the receiving vessel.